Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Let's get the heck out of Dodge!

We've haven't done a ton of traveling with our kids, but the traveling we have done has taught us a lot. And since Antique Mommy is hosting the Terrific Travel Tips! carnival, I thought I'd join in.

So here are my pearls of wisdom:

1. If you are flying, make sure you give yourself plenty of time. I have taken the two kids by myself to visit family in Texas. If there is one thing that stresses me out, it is feeling rushed to get to the gate, feed them something, and make the million visits to the potty before boarding. If I've given myself plenty of time, the stress level is definitely reduced.

2. Make sure the kids have shoes they can get on and off by themselves--this is good for both car trips and plane trips.

3. Color Wonder products--these wonderful markers only mark on special color wonder paper. Excellent! We save these for trips only, because they are a little pricey, but worth their weight in gold knowing they are not marking up your car's upholstery.

4. Lollipops or sippy cups are needed to make sure the kids don't scream in pain when the pressure in their ears get to them. Gum works, too, if they are old enough.


Traveling can be a lot of fun if you have the right attitude! Just remember, you'll get there eventually!

For more great traveling tips, visit Antique Mommy.

2 comments:

Kiy said...

Great tips. I keep looking at the Color Wonders and wonder (haha!) if the price is worth it. Great tip to save it for travel, going to add that to my travel list right now!

Have a great day, Kiy

Antique Mommy said...

Those are great tips. Also? Those color crayons that are not cylinder shaped but angled? They don't roll. Much better for the airplane. And church. And the car. And restaurants. I've been under seats in all those places retrieving stray color crayons.