Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Work-for-Me Wednesday--Toys for Christmas

Prior to Christmas 2007, I was on the prowl to find decent toys to give my kids, then age 7 and 5. I was at friend's house and her son was playing with a Leapster. She did not seem like an electronic toy kind of mom, so I asked her about it, and she raved enough about it that I decided to research it for my kids. It passed inspection, and that year both of my children received one for Christmas from their grandparents.



A year later, it is still going strong! The Leapster is a handheld electronic game, made by the Leapfrog people. It comes with two games preloaded on it, and you can buy others to add to the collection. The nice thing about this game is that it really does grow with your child, as you can buy harder games as they get older.



My kids play their Leapsters on a nearly daily basis. Since the games have a educational edge to them, I don't mind them playing a lot. They are easy to learn and big enough for smaller hands to hold.



I've recommended the Leapster to friends, and they all have called later and thanked me for the recommendation. So if your kids fall between the ages of 4 and 8, I highly recommend you look into the Leapster. It is the ONE toy my kids have that has kept their interest for nearly a year. In fact, my daughter has asked for another game for Christmas this year.



For more great toy/gift ideas, visit Rocks in My Dryer.

3 comments:

W and Js mommy said...

getting my #1 son his first this christmas..soooo excited! Got a great deal on the leapfrog website! It was a gift pack for 25% off and no shipping! YEAH for ME! HOpe he loves it for years to come and in the car with all of our holiday travels

Wani said...

my 3yr old son has really enjoyed the My First LeapPad that he's had since a couple CHristmas' ago... today we were just given a used LeapPad Learning System and a half doz books/cartridges. He's been playing it all day! I really like the leappad line of toys/videos/etc.

Stephanie said...

Both of my kids got theirs when they were three....even at that age they LOVED it...and so do I. They are AWESOME to take to the restaurant, in the car, and anywhere else that you need a few minutes to get something done. A word of advice though...BUY THE BATTERY PACK. It's totally worth not having to deal with replacing the batteries bi-weekly.