Saturday, November 8, 2008

Miscellaneous

I have a variety of totally unrelated thoughts today.

1. A cold front has come to town, leaving the Indian summer behind. I broke out the fashionable, chunky sweaters. Know what? Chunky sweaters make you look CHUNKY.

2. Speaking of chunky, I snuck into the kids' rooms last night in search of Halloween candy. The week before Halloween, I bragged to my friends about how my children do such a fine job of self-regulating with the candy. A week after Halloween, their candy is GONE. Next year, we will have a different system. I take back the bragging and am properly humbled.

3. Yesterday at Walgreens there was a used, negative pregnancy test in the bathroom trash can. It made me wonder if the owner was happy or sad about it. And who takes a pregnancy test in the bathroom at Walgreens? I thought that only happened in the movies.

4. I am going to a party tonight that is supposed to get me in the mood for the holidays. I am excited about having a party, but a little nervous because right now I know only ONE person who will be there, too. I have been promised that I will probably know more people, but still. I am not so good with the small talk with unknown people.

5. At Walmart yesterday I stood behind an older woman wearing sweatpants, thick socks, and flats. She had an index card file filled with coupons and shopped with a calculator. She gave the cashier a fistful of coupons, half of which had either expired or were only good at Target. The cashier was NOT an example of patience. I felt a little bit bad for the lady. I mean, those expiration dates are small.

That is all for now. Happy Saturday!!

No comments: